Friday, November 6, 2009

Let's give this a try....

Hi! I'm Julie and this is my first attempt at blogging! I never really thought about blogging until I was reading my Southern Living Magazine and read about the Pioneer Woman and her blog. Now, I have no intention of getting famous and being put in a magazine or anything because of my blog. However, I did like the idea of sharing recipes, etc and maybe some of my thoughts with friends, family, and whoever has some time to kill.

I L-O-V-E to cook and bake. It's really nice now that I'm pregnant and not constantly worrying about my weight. It's really liberating. Not that I'm gonna let myself blow up like a baloon, but at least I let myself enjoy some of the more buttery, cheesy, and chocolatey dishes! So, I will be sharing some of those. I can worry about baby weight after March!

About my blog name: I really wanted something kinda catchy that summed me up but was still original. I only have a Masters degree so, I guess I'm not "technically" an animal scientist, but I've devoted most of my life to animal science, so I'm rolling with it. The "non sciencey" part comes from the fact that, most of the time, I just don't like science very much....meaning I hate inorganic chemistry and biochem. I know that those are necessary, but I only enjoy the parts that I can apply to real world animal science. When my friends and co-workers are going on about a sciencey topic "like they do," my eyes kind-of roll back in my head a little. I love their enthusiasm, though.

I love animals. I have 2 cats (Daysie & Pumpkin), a "Border-Beagle" (Shelby), and a horse (Spice). I like all cattle....I only love Angus cattle....call me prejudiced, I don't care. I think cattle are awesome creatures (and the most tasty :) ).

Anyway, I think this is quite enough for now. I really need to get back to working on my task for the day: cleaning the lab at the UK beef unit. It's gotten pretty out of control out here! It's a beautiful fall friday in Kentucky though and hopefully I'll get to go home a little early!

No comments:

Post a Comment