Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Relaxation

Beautiful sunset view from the back porch
One of my best friends, Joanie, is turning 29 again this week and since she will be on a cruise during her birthday and can't be bothered to party with me, I threw her a little birthday party at Kentucky Lake last weekend. My Aunt was awesome enough to let us borrow her house on the lake. It is an amazing place to stay. Perfection. It was a small group of Joanie, our friend April, Joanie's sister in law, and me. I had looked into renting a boat, but they were too pricey for me. Maybe next year. We had an awesome time relaxing, eating good food, swimming off the dock, having a few cocktails, reminiscing and making new memories. Hopefully we can make it an annual trip. Thanks to April for the pics!
Joanie was worried about drowning....

Loving the hammock


Joanie and I.....love this girl!
I said we had some good food while we were there. Calories didn't count this weekend. Here's what I made:

Cajun Ranch Chicken Pasta

Crack Rolls (I generally don't like food with the work "crack" in the name, but these were amazing)

Fudge Pie

Flirtinis

I really didn't want to leave. But I had to get back to my boys. If you want to see what they were up to while I was gone, check out my mom's blog!

1 comment:

  1. That looks like an amazing place. I so miss girls weekends!

    ReplyDelete