Sunday, September 1, 2013

Manic Sunday?

Sundays are my least favorite day of the week. With the exception of being at church, it's just a stressful day for me.  There's the hustle and bustle of getting 2 small boys ready for church and trying to make myself presentable as well. And while I'm happy to not have to prepare lunch, dining at a restaurant can turn into a lot of: "Joseph, get out of the floor." "Joseph, sit up, please." "Joseph, eat your food!" "James, get your hands out of the beans!"

It can be exhausting.

Then we get home and I usually have housework piled out the wazoo. It's enough to make me want to just sit in a corner and cry.

Today was not so bad though. I ended up taking the boys to Luci Lou's for some froyo. Joseph picked pink lemonade sorbet topped with fruit loops, these pink pop rocks type candies, liquid filled little balls in green and purple....basically any candy that was colorful....and cherries. He was so funny...he kept eating and saying, "This is really really good, mama!"



James had peanut butter. I may or may not have had a few bites.

After that, we went over to my Father in Law's house to pick up my stuff that did not sell in there yard sale yesterday....which was most all of it. I made a whopping $9. I sat outside with them and let the boys play for a while. Then Joseph wanted to go home and watch Mega Mind. So off we went. On the way, I stopped at Staxx, spent my $9 and bought some pulled pork for supper. We got home and I realized that this was the best Sunday I've had in quite a while. I still have lots of housework to do, but it was nice to step back and spend some time with my little ones while not worrying about what needs to be done.

I hope everyone has a great Labor Day! We don't have any plans. I'll be cleaning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment