Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year

It was a wild and crazy year for my family. We started off 2011 with one of the worst cold/flu/sickness seasons that I can remember. I think it had something to do with having a germ incubator living with me. We survived that, luckily. We also survived the worry that came with Joseph not growing.

Joseph turned one and started walking then running (seemingly the day after he started walking!). He can almost sit on a horse without assistance and ride around the arena which amazes me. He loves to ride just about anything and has developed an obsession with all things tractor and horse. It seems that every day he learns a new word. He learned to give kisses and say "bye" and "HEY!" He knows the name of just about every animal and what they say, but still not so hot at ABCs.  We went on a roller coaster with naps and night sleep. Finally got everything straightened out just to have him climb out of his crib. Now he prefers to sleep in the glider. I can go in and move him back to his bed but it's not long before I hear the pitter patter of little feet heading toward the chair.


As far as I go, I ran some races....not as many as I had hoped. I did some riding...not as much as I had hoped. And I lost some weight....but not as much as I had hoped. I see a trend here.... I did a lot of cooking (probably has something to do with not losing as much weight as I had hoped). I did quite a bit of crafting. We adopted a dog. I discovered that "How I Met Your Mother" is a fantastic show and I can't believe it's taken me so long to watch it. The funny thing is that I started watching it last year during a New Year's Eve marathon. This year I discovered a new (old) show right around the end of 2011 (it was actually Dec 29th)..Big Bang Theory. Where have you been??? A show about a bunch of science geeks? As a closet science geek, myself, I was in love. There was an episode where Sheldon was making scrambled eggs and his roommate asked if he was cooking breakfast and he said it wasn't cooking...it was an experiment. I was hooked. You can see how geeky I am by the type of pajamas I put my kid in. You have no idea how excited I was to find those at Oldnavy.com. Then a friend of mine pointed me toward iheartguts.com and now all I want are plush organs. I just wish they had a ruminant division because I would love a lifesize plush rumen (cow stomach). Now that's a pillow pet!!! In case you needed any other proof, here's a tshirt I made a few years ago when we had an "I heart tshirt party":
 
Ahh...those were the days...back when I had friends. But we won't go there tonight...that's a whole 'nother can of worms.

So, anyway, I don't have any plans for 2012. I plan to be the best mom that I can be and enjoy every moment that I have with my family. I hope you all have had a great Holiday season and are ready to get back to the non-holiday season which is Jan 2- Nov. I will be recharging and getting lots of tasty food blogs ready for your enjoyment!!

No comments:

Post a Comment