Tuesday, August 28, 2012

James Covey is here!

Well, James finally graced us with his presence last Thursday. He didn't want to....it took getting induced to bring him here, but I'm glad I did because at 4 days late he was 11 lbs 6 oz! No, friends, that is not a typo....and no I didn't have a c section. So much for all those cute newborn  outfits! I have to say that being induced is WAY more painful and I was seriously screaming for my epidural because my contractions were so bad. But after my epidural, I was a pussy cat again.

Joseph started getting sick while we were in the hospital so he has gone to my parents house until he gets well. What little he was around his little brother, I really think he's going to be really good about it. I can't wait for him to get home even though I know that it will makes things even harder.

James is a really good baby though. He has a broken clavicle from delivery but you would never know it. He also came out very bruised but it doesn't seem to bother him. He is a little night owl right now and keeps me up most of the night. I try to take a nap in the morning with him. I just hate sleeping during the day. Otherwise I'm trying to take it easy. I take my pain meds religiously and that has really helped. Well, the little guy is stirring. We will be heading to the orthopedic doctor this afternoon to see about his clavicle. I will try to keep you updated!

Oh and for you who are wondering where the name came from: Covey is my mom's maiden name. I wanted to name a child after my grandfather on moms side but his name was Ralph..and let's face it, not the most modern name for a boy. So I went with the last name instead. James was just a name I liked. It turns out that it was michaels great grandfathers name but I had no idea of that until the other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment